It is really unfortunate that some of the best tasting things have so much unhealthy fat in them. I also realize that some of you out there are going to cringe at this recipe. Blue cheese is really one of those foods where there is no in between, you either like it or you don’t. I’ve never met someone on the fence about this issue.
I happen to love it and wanted to make a tasty dip. Instead of using mayo and full fat sour cream, I used low-fat sour cream and greek yogurt. I really am not a fan of all things low-fat, but in the dairy department, it’s usually how I lean.
Check out the recipe here:
- 1 cup low fat sour cream (I always use Daisy brand, I think it has the best flavor)
- ½ cup plain non fat greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¾ cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup diced white or yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- Prep all ingredients
- Stir everything together in a small bowl
- Let sit for 1 hour in the refrigerator