I should’ve called this granola “the easiest, fastest, no brainer, you could do this in your sleep, real clean eating granola”. Should I change the name? I’ll keep maple cinnamon granola for now, but stay tuned for changes.
I can’t remember the last time I bought granola. There is really no need, it is so easy and so cheap to make (have you seen the cost of granola? – yikes). I am pretty sure I’ve added everything to granola. Every spice, nut, seed, dried fruit…let’s just say I’ve made a lot of granola.
There are a lot of recipes out there with fanciness to their granola, but sometimes, you just need to dial down the fancy and go simple – a base, if you will. Here is a good base. It’s summer and I’m in a very simplistic mood and right now, I want basic granola. I hope you do too.
All of the ingredients go in one bowl. Rolled oats, cinnamon, salt, maple syrup and canola oil. That’s it.
Into the oven at 300°F or 150°C for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes and you will have this…
It’s like magic. Don’t skimp on the oil, it helps crisp up the oats and keeps it from burning. No one wants burned granola.
Store it in an airtight container for a couple of weeks in a cool place and you’ve got yourself homemade granola.
- 3 cups rolled oats, not quick cooking oats
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C)
- Mix all ingredients together
- Spread out in an even layer on a baking sheet
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes
- Allow to cool on the pan and transfer to an airtight container
- Store in a cool place for up to two weeks