Is there anyone out there who doesn’t love a nugget? Okay, how about a smokey and spicy chicken nugget? I dug this recipe out from the cobwebs of my mind and wondered why I haven’t made it in so long. My husband said the same thing as I put these on the table. We tried to think back to the last time we had them and couldn’t even remember. They are so delicious and juicy and just a little spicy, I don’t know why they got buried in my head.
Well, they are out and they are back on the mainstay of the dinner menus for quick weeknight meals. You see, these babies cook up in 15 minutes. It doesn’t get much better than that. And with a quick honey mustard sauce, this is a fun dinner too.
What’s great about a dish like this, is that you can make a ton or you can make a few. Let me tell you, the leftovers in a salad…delish!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Non stick spray
- 1 Tablespoon country dijon mustard or stone ground mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Cut chicken breasts into bite sized chunks
- In a gallon sized storage bag add chicken and seasonings
- Drizzle olive oil on the top, seal and shake to coat the chicken
- On a large baking sheet, spray with non stick spray and spread out chicken on the sheet
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until chicken reads 165°F on a meat thermometer
- While chicken is cooking, mix mustard and honey together for sauce
- Serve warm