Mmmmmm. One of my favorite salads. Truth be told, I can eat A LOT of this salad. Apples, blue cheese, maple…yes!
Salads are really only limited by our imaginations. Perhaps I was destined to be a dietitian. I REALLY love salad. I’ve loved it since I was little. Does anyone remember Ponderosa? Are they even in business anymore? Who knows. Anyway, they had the best salad bar and that’s all I ever wanted. My aunt and cousin would take me there and I could fill up on some salad. I have no doubt that I was deemed a little odd to be filling up on salad at 10 years old. Like I said, destiny.
I eat a lot of salads and this is just one of the many I love. Salads are a good way to clean out the fridge. You can put just about anything in a salad and make it taste good.
Check out how to make this one!
- 6 cups of chopped romaine lettuce
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup whole dried cherries
- 1 apple, sliced thin
- ½ cup blue cheese crumbles or creamy blue cheese bits
- 1 T white onion or ¼ small onion
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon or country dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Arrange salad ingredients in bowl, lettuce, walnuts, cherries, apples and blue cheese
- In a food processor, combine vinaigrette ingredients and blend until smooth
- Pour dressing over salad and toss