Good gracious. Who would have thought? When you whip ricotta, it’s DELICIOUS! Okay, hold on to your seat, I added Nutella. I couldn’t keep the little ones away from this one. Using part skim ricotta cuts back on calories and fat and packs a big punch from protein and calcium.
This one can get tricky if you don’t pay attention. You really have to whip this. Ricotta can be gritty, so whipping the heck out of it makes it light and fluffy. Adding the Nutella and a little vanilla helps keep it creamy. The mini chips on the top are totally optional, but totally worth it.
So, what do you serve with this amazing chocolate whipped deliciousness? Fruit of course. Do you like how I’m spinning and justifying this? I probably could not have put more fruit in front of my kids and they devoured it all. Strawberries, apples, and bananas.
The little food critics in my house are my gauge on how good a recipe actually is. My 8 year old asked if she could have the rest for breakfast, why of course, my little foodie, you may.
- 1.5 cups part skim or whole ricotta cheese
- 3 Tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon mini chocolate chips (optional) - or more if you are feeling crazy
- Fruit for Dipping - strawberries, bananas, apples
- Add ricotta, chocolate hazelnut spread and vanilla to a medium bowl
- Whip with a hand mixer or stand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3-5 minutes
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips
- Serve with fresh fruit