Wow, that’s quite the title. I decided to put everything in there, so you know what’s in it. I guess I left out lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper. Tomatoes, cucumbers, and sweet onions – the flavors of summer, without a doubt.
This is the ultimate in freshness. Choose good tomatoes, because when they are the main component, there’s no room for mediocre tomatoes. I say it all the time, but there is nothing better than a fresh summer tomato.
I also love my summer sweet onions. I really should be a farmer. I wish I had the land for it. I would grow everything in this picture and just make salads for my friends all day long. Oh, the dreams for when we grow up.
Fresh summer salads should be a mainstay for lunches and dinners, because when it’s hot, it’s dreadful to turn on the oven. Put your grill to work and whip up a fresh, raw salad, it’s the best!
- 4 Campari Tomatoes, or 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- ½ English cucumber, sliced
- ¼ cup sweet onion, sliced thin
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/16 teaspoon (or a pinch) each of salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons feta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives
- Prep veggies, cut tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions
- Arrange on plate
- Drizzle with lemon juice, then olive oil
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle feta and chives on top