The flavors of summer are still my favorite. Everything is light, refreshing and crisp. Just like this corn and avocado salad. We get very spoiled with our food supply giving us typically out of season produce all year long, like avocados and bell peppers, but fresh sweet corn only tastes good in the summer.
I don’t have a lot of time for fancy sides, especially if the main dish takes a while to make. This was something I threw together at the last minute because I knew I had some corn to use up. My avocados also were looking like they only had a few days left.
Much to my surprise, my husband LOVED this salad. I used the same vinaigrette that I’ve used for a thousand other dishes and it pairs beautifully with the corn and avocado.
So, what does a food blogger do when a dish is super successful at home? She makes it again and doubles down with a video.
It’s simple, light, refreshing, and perfect as a salad, salsa, or side.
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Corn cut from 2 ears of corn - or 2 cups of frozen and thawed corn
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- chopped cilantro or chives for garnish
- In a medium saute pan, add 1 Tablespoon olive oil, corn and bell peppers
- Saute for 5 minutes
- In a small bowl, mix remaining olive oil, lime juice, mustard, salt and pepper
- Remove corn from heat
- Pour vinaigrette over corn
- Dice avocado and add to corn and vinaigrette
- Toss lightly to coat
- Garnish with cilantro or chives (optional)