I couldn’t decide whether I should call this a dip, a spread, garnish or heaven in a bowl. It’s all four. This recipe is way too good for me to keep to myself. I put some on my eggs this morning, added it to my couscous at lunch and I’ll probably have some for a snack. I’m a little addicted.
There are about a million (give or take a few thousand) ways to add avocado to your diet. This is one of my faves, obviously.
One of the best things about this is there is absolutely NOTHING bad in it. It’s high in monounsaturated fats from the avocado and high in protein from the greek yogurt. The lime juice gives a little boost of vitamin C and the jalapeño adds a little heat. The cilantro gives a flavor that you can’t get from any other herb. Consider growing some cilantro on your back porch this summer. You will use it all, and herbs are like weeds, the more you pick them, the more they grow.
This also couldn’t be any easier. Everything goes in the food processor. If you don’t have one, you could mash it all up together, it just won’t be quite as creamy.
I can’t resist. One more picture.
- 1 large Haas avocado, seed and skin removed
- 1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon chopped jalapeno, seeds and membranes removed for less heat
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth
- Serve with fresh veggies, eggs, sandwich, or whatever tickles your fancy