And because I love banana bread and I love parfaits – let’s combine the two. This is delish and you can feel good about eating it because 1. you get to eat dessert and 2. you are getting fruit and yogurt in with your dessert.
So, I did cheat a little and added some fresh whipped cream on the top, because after all, it is dessert. And let me tell you, when I can get my husband to eat a parfait, it has to be good.
I started with some nonfat greek yogurt, added a little honey and cinnamon and then layered the bananas, yogurt and cubed banana bread and finished with a dollop of whipped cream and some pecans. It’s layered with flavor!
To see how I made it, go right here:
Pretty nifty right?
- 2 cups cubed baked banana bread
- 1 cup non fat greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 medium bananas
- ½ cup fresh whipped cream
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Cut banana bread into 1" cubes and set aside
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, honey and cinnamon and set aside
- Cut bananas into slices and set aside
- In 4 small glass or bowls, layer in the following order: Banana bread, yogurt, bananas and repeat until you reach the top
- Place a dollop of whipped cream on the top of each parfait and sprinkle with pecans