This post is dedicated to all of the non-default parents who need a quick meal idea when the default parent goes out of town.
It just so happens I will be taking a short trip soon to help out a family member and that means leaving my husband home with the kids for a couple of weeks. Putting together meals on the fly is fairly easy for me, but I know that isn’t the case for my main squeeze.
With swim practice, meets, basketball games, school, homework…and…and…and…it gets really busy in our house.
So, here we go. 14 days of easy meals that anyone can make.
- Spaghetti with tomato sauce
- Eggs and toast
- Veggie Sandwiches with hummus
- Tomato Soup and grilled cheese sandwiches
- French Bread pizzas
- Baked Potatoes with broccoli and shredded cheese
- Oatmeal and hard boiled eggs
- Grilled chicken with salsa
- Hamburgers with sweet potato fries
- Big Daddy’s meat and cheese platter (meat, cheese, baguette, grapes, tomatoes, olive oil for dipping)
- Chicken taco salad – rotisserie chicken, veggies, salad and crushed tortilla chips
- Pierogies with kielbasa and peppers
- Chicken pesto pasta and peas
- Bean Burritos
The main course sounds easy now, doesn’t it? How about those sides to round out the nutrition in dinner. Here is a good list, choose two for each meal
Whole wheat roll
Veggies and dip
Fruit smoothie (frozen fruit, yogurt, milk)
Steam in a bag veggies
Tomatoes, cucumbers and feta