I may not make it through this post, these Buffalo Chicken Potato Nachos are calling my name.
“By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Potatoes USA and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
Sometimes as a food blogger, you need motivation to keep inventing and creating mouth watering recipes. Contest time from The Recipe Redux does that for me and this contest sponsored by Potatoes USA is making me love snack time.
Potatoes USA and dietitians everywhere want to spread the word that potatoes are a healthy source of complex carbohydrates. They are also filled with vitamin C, potassium, and with those skins, you get fiber.
I want you to know that potatoes have a healthy place in every diet. For those who perform daily physical activity, potatoes can help provide much needed carbohydrates. Without carbohydrates fueling your body, performance suffers.
Nutrition is vitally important to everyone who exercises, from the jazzerciser to the elite athlete. And carbohydrates, such as those found in potatoes, are a great option for a pre/post workout snack.
Eating three of these nachos is an ideal pre-workout snack. Pair with a glass of freshly squeezed orange juice and a serving of fruit or carrot sticks 2 hours before your workout and you will be well on your way to having enough energy to make it through a tough sweat session.
Potatoes are more nutrient packed than any other vegetable and when paired with complementary nutrient dense food, you are in a winning situation. It’s time to rethink your pre workout meal and make it as exciting as your life.
Please excuse me while I take a snack break!
- 1 Large Russet Potato
- 1 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1 Tablespoon buffalo sauce
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 Tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Dried parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Slice potato long ways into ¼" slices
- Place potato slices in a bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper and toss to coat
- Place on baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes or until the tops start to brown
- While potatoes are roasting, shred chicken and toss with buffalo sauce
- Chop celery
- When potatoes are done, remove from baking sheet and top with chicken, celery and blue cheese
- Garnish with dried parsley