Today was one of the warmest days we’ve had in a while and we had a craving for watermelon. This is no ordinary watermelon though, these are watermelon slushies (with a hit of strawberry for extra sweetness).
This is the answer to a warm day. It’s cool, refreshing, and light. In full disclosure, I actually drank two of these, they are that good.
You know, this is just my opinion, but I think it’s the perfect snack for kids. Instead of handing them a slice of watermelon, you are handing them a cool drink that has even more nutrients than that slice of watermelon.
Let’s break down what is in this:
click here Mint: Mint has been known to improve digestion
buy viagra usa Lime Juice: Lime juice has vitamin C which is good for immunity and also for digestive health
trusted tablets online pharmacy Ice: Drinking enough water is vital for skin health and to keep dehydration headaches at bay.
Watermelon: Two things about watermelon: It’s mostly water, so it keeps you hydrated and it contains lycopene which is a powerful antioxidant, helping your cells stay healthy.
Strawberries: Strawberries contain fiber, a nutrient that most of us do not get enough of.
Dark Chocolate (optional): Cancer fighting phytochemicals.
If you don’t add the dark chocolate chips, then you have an amazing snack with no added sugar. But, even if you do add the chips, it’s only a few for each cup, so you should still feel good about it.
- 3 cups crushed ice, divided
- ½ cup fresh mint
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 cups watermelon chunks
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 Tablespoons chocolate chips
- In a blender or food processor, add 1 cup crushed ice, mint, and lime
- Blend until combined
- Place mixture in the bottom of 4 clear glasses or cups and put in the freezer for 30 minutes
- In the same blender, add watermelon, strawberries and remaining ice
- Blend until smooth
- Pour over the top of the mint and lime ice immediately after removing from freezer
- Put in the chocolate chips to look like seeds