Seriously, I love this even more than basil pesto. I never thought I would say that. I LOVE basil pesto, but this, my friends, is just the best pesto on earth. Yep, I just declared my own recipe as the best on earth. You be the judge.
I have a bit of an obsession with pesto. It’s a little strange, but I can find a million uses for it. Maybe not a million, but a lot. Pesto adds great flavor. Even a ho-hum can become a WOW dish with just a little pesto.
So, what do I use this spinach pesto for? My favorite is to use it for pizza. I also mix it in pasta with some tomatoes and mozzarella. Mixing it in jarred tomato sauce kicks it up to another level. Serve that pesto tomato sauce with meatballs and your family and friends will go crazy.
This recipe makes enough to fit into a couple of meals, so use it for pasta one night and then use it as a condiment for grilled chicken sandwiches the next. You can also freeze this for another time!
- 8-oz package of baby spinach, about 7-8 cups
- ½ shredded parmesan cheese
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a food processor, add spinach, cheese, walnuts, lemon juice, salt and pepper and pulse until large chunks are gone
- While the food processor is on, slowly pour in olive oil until smooth