“I received free samples of Breton Crackers mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Breton Crackers and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
This is happiness on a cracker. Breton sent me these amazing crackers and I am in love. These crackers are made from sweet potatoes! I’m not kidding…AND quinoa and rye – goodness..they are light and crispy and downright delicious.
You may think that a cracker like this might not be good for snacking or for appetizers, but you would be so wrong. I’m a fan! The unique flavor holds its own with the most complex ingredients, but also modest enough to pair with simple toppings.
If you have a party and need an appetizer, you definitely need to put this on the menu – it’s a crowd pleaser. The crowd in my house gave it many, many thumbs up!
The sweet potato crackers are topped with low fat cream cheese, mixed with Italian Herbs. The apple bourbon pork tenderloin cooks in 30 minutes and is sliced thin and topped with a fuji apple. Parsley gives the appetizer a fresh feel and a little color to liven it up.
Most appetizers are fairly light, which is a crying shame and usually why I leave a party absolutely starving. Your guests won’t leave hungry with this hearty meal on a cracker. The recipe makes about 32 appetizers, enough to feed a crowd.
- 1 apple bourbon pork tenderloin (approximately 1 pound)
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 fuji apple, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons fresh chopped Italian parsley
- 1 box of Breton Artisanal Sweet Potato and Ancient Grains crackers
- Preheat oven to 425°F
- Place tenderloin on a baking sheet and cook in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until a meat thermometer measures 155°F
- Let rest for 5 minutes and then slice thin
- In a small bowl, mix cream cheese with Italian seasoning
- Place a cracker on a board and spread with approximately 1/2 teaspoon seasoned cream cheese
- Top with a thin slice of pork tenderloin and a half slice of apple
- Garnish with parsley