I have discovered a world of hassle free pancake eating. Well, I am probably not the first to discover this, but it’s new for me. I also found that my children consume more fruit if it’s on top of a pancake. And, they love the stacks!
These are amazing. They have 100% white whole wheat flour, a banana, egg, baking powder, a little salt, a dab of honey and milk. You could use non dairy milk too! You can jazz these up too. You could add blueberries, little chocolate chips, coconut…the possibilities are pretty much endless.
If there is a chance you’ve never made pancakes from scratch before, I highly encourage it. It’s definitely the way to go. I will admit, my husband is not a “from scratch” cook, so he prefers the box, but not this girl – scratch always tastes better.
These were a home run in my house. This little guy just kept eating them and I have to say that it can be a challenge for him to eat a good breakfast before school. These are in my wheelhouse. Since this recipe makes a ton, save some for lunches and breakfast the next day. My kids heat them up in the microwave, but a toaster oven would work too. Because they are so small, I wouldn’t recommend the toaster.
Speaking of size, just in case you hadn’t figured it out yet, these are good for regular sized pancakes as well. If you make them regular sized, make a few extra and pop them in the freezer for leftovers on a later date, those can go in the toaster when you’re ready to eat them.
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 smashed ripe banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- ½ Tablespoon honey
- 1 cup milk (any kind you have)
- butter or non-stick cooking spray
- Toppings: Fruit, maple syrup
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and stir until just combined
- In a medium non-stick skillet, add a small pat of butter or spray with non-stick cooking spray
- Add a small amount of pancake batter to the pan in 1-2 inch circles
- When bubbles start to form, flip over
- Remove from pan and set on plate; repeat until batter is gone
- Stack mini pancakes on top of each other and secure with toothpick
- Top with maple syrup and fruit