“I received free samples of POM Wonderful mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by POM Wonderful and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
POM Wonderful is the perfect juice for pomegranate gummies or fruit snacks. I like to use a strong juice with a lot of flavor to hold up to the gelatin. When you use a strong juice, you don’t need extra sugar.
When I started making these, I found that my kids really loved the gummy-ness of fruit snacks, and not necessarily the fruit snack itself. It’s a texture love, not a taste love. But you know what? They love the taste of these too! They are not sugary sweet, so I like them too.
POM Wonderful sponsored this recipe contest to get the word out on the nutritional value of pomegranate juice.
• POM Wonderful 100% Juice is powered by antioxidants. The pomegranate is whole-pressed, meaning a unique blend of polyphenol antioxidants from two whole pomegranates – including its fruit, pith and rind – is found in each 8 oz bottle.
• Research that includes POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice uses 8 oz per day in its studies on muscle strength recovery, memory and cognition, microbiome, and more.
• POM Wonderful 100% Juice is a good source of potassium. Each 8 oz bottle contains as much as a medium banana.
There has been a lot of research done on the antioxidant activity of pomegranates:
• Memory & Cognition
– In a preliminary 2013 UCLA study, it was found that a small group of older adults with age-related memory complaints who drank 8 oz. of pomegranate juice daily had increased verbal memory performance and functional brain activity in fMRI testing after just four weeks. *These early scientific results on the impact of pomegranate juice on the brain have not yet been adequately studied. Further clinical research on larger populations is needed to help establish causation and to determine the long term effects of pomegranate on memory and cognition.
– 100% pomegranate juice is powered by unique polyphenols that early research suggests have promising results for post-workout muscle strength recovery. Certain types of polyphenol antioxidants, like those found in pomegranate juice, may help increase nitric oxide bioavailability by protecting it from breaking down in the body. Nitric oxide helps your body get the oxygen and nutrients in needs during exercise.
It’s important to note that although the research reported is promising, additional clinical research is needed to establish causation and the potential impact of pomegranate polyphenols and exercise.
These little snacks are the perfect vessel to get the power of pomegranate juice into your little ones, or even for yourself! With no added sugar!
- ¾ cup POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin
- In a small saucepan over medium low heat, add pomegranate juice and gelatin
- Whisk until the gelatin is combined
- Pour into silicone molds or a small parchment paper lined baking dish
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours until set
- *If using the baking dish, pull the parchment paper out and cut into squares
- *If using molds, remove gummies from the molds