“I received free samples of POM Wonderful mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by POM Wonderful and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
Right about now, you are probably wondering what in the world a “schorle” is. Pronounced SHORE-LEH, a schorle is a German beverage that is traditionally made with a mix of white wine and water with gas (carbonated or sparkling water).
When we lived in Germany, we had a small local food stand down the hill from our house, next to a big pond. One of my favorite drinks was a schorle, made with Riesling and sparkling water. It was refreshing and it made me feel a little better about drinking wine – knowing it was cut with water:) We walked down to that stand every night. I looked forward to it. My kids would run around, eat their Eis (ice cream) and mom and dad enjoyed a beverage. There is something to be said for intentional relaxation.
I have been wanting to post a schorle recipe for some time and when this contest came up, I decided NOW was the time. Pomegranate juice is the perfect additional to this drink, because I don’t like an overly sweet schorle. I mixed pomegranate juice with white wine and sparkling water in equal amounts. The result was a perfect combination of sophistication and hydration.
POM Wonderful pomegranate juice has some pretty impressive nutritional benefits and personally, I love drinking it.
• POM Wonderful 100% Juice is powered by antioxidants. The pomegranate is whole-pressed, meaning a unique blend of polyphenol antioxidants from two whole pomegranates – including its fruit, pith and rind – is found in each 8 oz bottle.
• Research that includes POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice uses 8 oz per day in its studies on muscle strength recovery, memory and cognition, microbiome, and more.
• POM Wonderful 100% Juice is a good source of potassium. Each 8 oz bottle contains as much as a medium banana.
For me, it’s the perfect addition to a glass of wine. I am always trying to maximize my nutrition and to get the most out of everything I put in my body. This Pomegranate Schorle is:
Not a wine drinker? Nix the wine and mix POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice and sparkling water together for a daily drink!
- 1 cup chilled POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice
- 1 cup chilled white wine
- 1 cup chilled sparkling water
- pomegranate arils, for garnish
- Mix all ingredients together in a small pitcher and pour into 2 tall glasses
- Float pomegranate arils on top