“I received free samples of Swerve mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Swerve and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
Having a hard time getting enough fruit servings in a day? I may have an idea for you. I keep hearing amazing feedback about Swerve, especially since I posted my lemonade recipe, so I decided I needed another one on my website. This Fruit Dessert Pizza with Swerve is going to become a family favorite.
I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of readers who told me they already use Swerve. Mostly those on a special diet, either low carb, low sugar, ketogenic, or those who are diabetic are already using Swerve.
If you missed my Perfect Summer Lemonade post, also using Swerve, here is what you need to know about Swerve:
- Swerve tastes, bakes, and measures just like sugar.
- Swerve contains zero calories and does not affect blood sugar, making it a great choice for diabetics.
- Swerve is made from all-natural ingredients, and does not contain any artificial ingredients, preservatives, or flavors.
- The main ingredient in Swerve, Erythritol, has a high GI tolerance, and does not cause the digestive issues associated with other sugar alcohols.
- Swerve is born and raised in New Orleans – we proudly source all of our Non-GMO verified ingredients from North America and Europe.
Why make a dessert pizza? Well, I love pizza and I love dessert pizza, but I don’t make it often because of all the added sugar. I know what my kids like. They like pizza, they LOVE cream cheese, and they LOVE summer fruits. Put those two big loves together with one big like and it’s a family winner.
Also, if you’re not a baker, this requires minimal baking skills. What’s even better than that? You can either make this with white unbleached flour, or white whole wheat flour. So, tons of fiber, b-vitamins, and vitamin C from a DESSERT, oh and no added sugar. Sounds like a win to me.
You do have to bake the crust, but it is a super thin pizza crust. Once you have the recipe for the crust, your world is open to endless possibilities.
This recipes needs to be in your meal plan this week.
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- ⅓ cup warm water
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour or white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1.5 Tablespoons canola oil
- Non stick spray
- 4 ounces low fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup Swerve, Confectioners, divided
- 5 big strawberries
- 2 kiwis
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2-3 teaspoons water
- 1 Tablespoon toasted coconut (optional)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients (except non-stick spray) for the dough
- Knead until ingredients are combined
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour or put in the refrigerator to rise
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Spray a pizza pan with non-stick spray
- With your fingers, spread out the dough on the pizza pan until it is ⅛ in thick, about a 12" diameter
- Bake for 8 minutes
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool
- In a small bowl, add cream cheese and ¼ cup of Swerve, confectioners
- Using a hand mixer, whip the cream cheese until fluffy, about 3 minutes on medium
- Spread onto cooled pizza dough
- Cut strawberries and kiwis into thin slices and arrange in circles on the pizza
- Fill the middle circle with blueberries
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ¼ cup of Swerve, confectioners and 2-3 teaspoons of water until you reach a thin pourable consistency
- Drizzle onto the top of the pizza
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut