I received free samples of Swerve mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Swerve and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
I am fully aware that it is only March and Spring hasn’t even officially hit, but this warm weather-loving girl cannot wait. We have had a couple of really nice 60 degree days and I can just feel that Summer is almost here. So, I can’t think of a more perfect way to get ready than to make some Perfect Summer Lemonade.
This recipe has a twist. It’s made with a new alternative sweetener called Swerve. This one is very unique. It’s made from ingredients found in select fruits and starchy root vegetables, and contains no artificial ingredients, preservatives or flavors. It’s zero-calorie, non-glycemic and safe for those living with diabetes, since it has no effect on blood glucose or insulin levels.
I was definitely intrigued by this new sweetener and just had to try it. I don’t drink a lot of sweetened beverages, because they contain so much added sugar. I have desperately tried to reduced the amount of added sugar in my diet over the past year, so I knew the perfect recipe to try with Swerve. Usually, my summer lemonade is reserved for only the most special of occasions. I think I found a way to have it more often.
Here are some things to know about Swerve:
- Swerve tastes, bakes, and measures just like sugar.
- Swerve contains zero calories and does not affect blood sugar, making it a great choice for diabetics.
- Swerve is made from all-natural ingredients, and does not contain any artificial ingredients, preservatives, or flavors.
- The main ingredient in Swerve, Erythritol, has a high GI tolerance, and does not cause the digestive issues associated with other sugar alcohols.
- Swerve is born and raised in New Orleans – we proudly source all of our Non-GMO verified ingredients from North America and Europe.
If you’re anything like me, using Swerve may be a great solution for you to enjoy your favorite beverages that before, added a lot of added sugar to your diet.
- 6 cups water (divided)
- ½ cup Swerve, granular
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup ice
- Extra lemon slices for garnish
- In a small saucepan, add ½ cup water and ½ cup Swerve over medium heat
- Allow the Swerve to just dissolve in the water and turn off heat, stirring constantly
- In a pitcher, add remaining ingredients and stir
- Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator for later