I may have eaten a few too many of these. All good things. I felt 100% okay with my decision to eat a few extra of these – they are surprisingly addicting. I am getting ready to host a little social at my house, so I have been trying to come up with a few new recipes to serve that day. Nothing heavy. No one wants heavy.
I have been talking a lot about skin health and foods that benefit skin and guess what? All 3 ingredients in this recipe are good for the skin, and the heart, but that will be for another post.
Grapes are a soft, secret weapon in the nutrition world. They are quiet, they don’t get a lot of attention, they are the sleepers. They really should get more attention. They are packed with vitamins and great for hydration. I love to put grapes in a plastic container and take them on the plane with me when we go on trips. They double as a snack and water. I need both of those all the time.
Dark chocolate gets a lot of press about its health benefits, mainly because everyone feels like they need to justify the health benefits of chocolate. No one feels they need to justify the health benefits of grapes. Hmmm…
Pecans are also a nutrition hero. They have natural oils in them, which are great for the skin. It’s the old saying that you feed your skin from the inside out, not from the outside in. All the outside stuff is extra. It’s what you put in your body that will help your skin glow. I wish we could get everyone to remember this.
These look pretty delicious, don’t they? It’s the right amount of sweet and a pop of flavor in the mouth. Divine.
If you need a little tutorial, here’s a video for you!
- 20-25 grapes, green or red - washed and dried
- ¼ cup dark chocolate
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Line a baking sheet or plate with parchment paper
- Wash and dry grapes (it is important for them to be dry)
- In a microwave safe glass bowl, add chocolate chips
- Microwave for 30 seconds and stir - continue to microwave for 15 second cycles and stir until chocolate is melted
- Place pecans in a small bowl
- Stick a toothpick into a grape and dip into the chocolate and immediately into the pecans
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet to dry