Ah, summer. It’s the time for long days, hot nights, water fights…and peaches! I am so excited for peach season here in Illinois. They should be ready any day now. Luckily, in other parts of the U.S. peaches are already ripe, so we’ve been snacking on them for weeks now.
I am also loving the abundance and affordability of avocados right now and if avocados are cheap, I’m going to find a way to use them. I’m so lucky that my kids love avocados too. I already have some tomato haters in my house, I’m not sure I would be able to take it if they didn’t like avocados.
Salsa creations go as far as your imagination. You can clean out your produce drawer or fruit bowl and have amazing dips. All it takes is a little extra lime and salt – necessary ingredients. Salsas are so great as toppings too – they aren’t just for dipping chips anymore. This fresh salsa tastes great over grilled chicken or salmon.
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- 1 ripe peach
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon mined jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- Dice the avocado and the peach and add to a small bowl
- Add the zest of a lime, chopped jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice, salt and cumin to the bowl and stir
- Serve with tortilla chips, jicama chips or use as a topping for grilled fish or chicken